Chairman, Dubai Green Economy Partnership
& EVP, Strategy & Business Development,
Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA)
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority
Worked as Vice President for Power Transmission Sector from 2007 to 2009 during which projects valued One Billion Dirhams were successfully implemented.
In 2009, I was assigned to lead Strategy & Business Development as Executive Vice President for handling strategic projects, DEWA Strategic Plans, DEWA bylaws and internal Regulation as well as seeking for new potential business opportunities for DEWA. Key duties were including:-
- Setting DEWA Strategy in coordination with top senior management and concerned sectors and alignment with Dubai Strategy and Energy Integrated Strategy 2030.
- In 2009 Business Development Sector has come into existence aiming at leveraging the capacity and efficiency of DEWA and its global stature to create economic and business opportunities which contribute in the sustainability development of Dubai.
- Major projects and themes implemented:-
- Dubai Carbon Centre of Excellence.
- Be part of establishing RWE Consultancy Company in energy industry in collaboration with mega European companies.
- Establishing and founding Mai Dubai.
- Establishing Al Etihad Energy Service Company.
- Currently on-going strategic projects:-
- Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park.
- Diversity of energy resources.
- Solar Creativity & Innovation Centre.
In pursuance with the Decree of HH Ruler of Dubai, I was assigned to act as Vice President of Dubai Nuclear Energy Committee which is responsible for Nuclear Energy activities for the Emirates of Dubai.
In the same year I was also appointed as a member in Dubai Supreme Council of Energy which undertakes nuclear energy activities in the Emirate of Dubai as general.
Federal Electricity and Water Authority
Have more than 20 years of experience in the Energy Sector (Electricity & Water) since graduated in 1992.
I started my career in the Federal Electricity & Water Authority (FEWA) in 1992 as Electrical Engineer. Then I stepped up through sixteen years period in the career to act as Project Manager, Manager of Control Center, Director of Electricity Sector, and finally as Deputy General Manager for Technical Affairs till 2007.
In 2004, I was assigned by UAE Electricity Interconnection Higher Committee to handle the Emirates National Grid Project which is handling interconnection between all UAE Electrical networks into one single grid. The Project was successfully completed in 2008.